Vulnerability assessment and penetration testing (VAPT) is a testing procedure used to identify security flaws in software or computer networks. VAPT is frequently misinterpreted as two different testing methods. Combining these two will produce more significant outcomes. The entire purpose of a vulnerability assessment is to look for and locate bugs. Penetration testing involves exploring and exploiting the system to determine whether a vulnerability exists.
According to Kaspersky experts, in Africa, 8.7% of individuals and corporate users were affected by cyberattacks in 2022.”
Why would hackers target your organization?
To be clear, hackers may target any person or organization that utilizes the internet. Understanding cybersecurity policy and how breaches might impact your business, clients, and staff is vital. Below are some of the reasons why hackers target businesses.
- Financial gain: Hackers may try to steal a company’s sensitive financial information or banking details to gain access to its funds. They may also demand a ransom to restore access to data that they have encrypted or taken control of.
- Data theft: Hackers may be after valuable intellectual property or sensitive information they may use to their advantage or sell on the dark web, such as customer databases, trade secrets, or confidential company plans.
- Disruption: Some hackers may be inspired to wreak havoc, harm, or disrupt a company for political, personal, or just for the sheer joy of it.
- Exploiting vulnerabilities: Some hackers may target a company because they believe it to be an easy target due to vulnerabilities in its security systems or a lack of proper security measures.
What is the purpose of VAPT?
The primary purpose of VAPT is to identify and mitigate any security risks before attackers can use them against you. By conducting VAPT, Businesses may identify weaknesses in their apps, networks, or systems and then take the necessary action to fix them. As a result, this lowers the chance of a security breach, protects sensitive data, and maintains critical information systems’ confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
Why do you need VAPT?
It’s crucial to evaluate your organization’s cyber security regularly due to the constantly developing tools, techniques, and processes used by hackers to breach networks.
VAPT assists in securing your organization by making security flaws visible and offering advice on how to fix them. VAPT is becoming more and more crucial for an organization wishing to achieve compliance with regulations such as the NDPR, ISO 27001, and PCI DSS
Why VAPT is Important for Your Organization
VAPT offers numerous advantages to an organization when it comes to security. Here are a few of its benefits:
- It provides a comprehensive view of potential threats that an application may face.
- It helps identify programming errors that can result in cyberattacks.
- Provides effective risk management for the organization.
- Safeguards the organization from reputation and monetary losses.
- Secures applications from both internal and external attacks.
- Protects the organization’s data from malicious attacks.
Choosing a VAPT consultant
When selecting a VAPT provider, it is essential to find an organization that possesses the necessary credentials, knowledge, and experience to recognize potential vulnerabilities and offer the necessary assistance to tackle them.
As a certified ISO/IEC 27701:2019 [Privacy Information Management System] and ISO/IEC 27001:2013 [Information Security Management System] offensive security service, you can rely on Infoprive to fulfill your VAPT needs. As our security consultants are among the best in the business, you can be sure that our VAPT engagement will deliver the results and comprehensive post-test care required to raise the bar for cyber security in your organization.